Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons molasses or sugar
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, onion, sesame seeds, salt, ginger and pepper in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in molasses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 6, 2011
Great easy side dish... Used fresh baby carrots instead since I had some on hand - cooked them first and then tossed them with the other ingredients. I also used brown sugar which seemed to work well...
Feb 13, 2010
This is a great recipe, but using fresh carrots and onions would improve the texture and taste. Next time I will toast the sesame seeds and add them to the mixture last.