Sesame Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook the brussels sprouts in 1 cup water and bouillon for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm. In the same pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic and remaining water until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add sprouts and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 88 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable.
Jun 13, 2018
I love garlic, but this was too strong for me.
Nov 10, 2014
Jan 17, 2012
This recipe was in one of the Taste of Home cookbooks which I lost! I was so happy to find it here becaue it was my favorite way to eat brussel sprouts. Savory, crispy goodness. If your family doesn't care for brussel sprouts, try again with this recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.