Sesame Broccoli Florets
This side is so easy to jazz up. If you like, add some strips of sweet yellow or red pepper, or tossed in some chopped cilantro for a tangy kick.—Kathryn White, Pinehurst, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic and ginger in olive oil until tender. Add the broccoli, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil and pepper flakes; stir-fry 4 minutes longer. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Broccoli Florets with Ginger, Garlic and Sesame Seeds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.