This Asian inspired recipe will become a favorite of your family.—Kim Champlin, Miami, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- Rice or chow mein noodles
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the sugar, 4 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, pepper, onions, garlic and sesame seeds. Pour half into a small bowl; set aside. Add beef to remaining marinade; seal bag and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil over high heat; add beef and reserved marinade. Stir-fry until beef is brown and has reached desired doneness. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 278 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Beef in Country Woman May/June 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.