- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 medium fresh mushrooms
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a blender, combine the soy sauce, wine, 1/2 cup green pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; cover and process until smooth. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining peppers.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining peppers. Brush lightly with oil.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSesame Beef 'n' Veggie Kabobs
"can this be made with out the mushrooms and using chicken that has been marinaded??"