- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 medium fresh mushrooms
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a blender, combine the soy sauce, wine or juice, 1/2 cup green pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; cover and process until smooth. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining peppers.
- If grilling the kabobs, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining peppers. Brush lightly with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 kabobs.
Reviews forSesame Beef 'n' Veggie Kabobs
"can this be made with out the mushrooms and using chicken that has been marinaded??"