- 1 beef top round steak (1 pound)
- 4 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, julienned carrot and radishes, cilantro leaves and lime wedges, optional
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 2-3 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°), 6-7 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and ginger; toss with beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. If desired, serve over lettuce with carrot, radishes, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSesame Beef & Asparagus Salad
"Great over a salad with fresh Bibb lettuce, shredded carrots, sliced red bell pepper and snow peas. Wonderful!"
"easy to make, and very tasty. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and this recipe hit the spot."