Sesame Asparagus Saute
This is the prettiest veggie dish I’ve ever seen! When fresh asparagus is in season, I make this at least once a week. —Karen Paumen, Annandale, MN
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Saute asparagus and green onions in butter in a large skillet until crisp-tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 24, 2013
Really good and easy! The leftovers were good cold - this could easily be served as a salad!
Apr 3, 2013
This asparagus is terrific. Also added a clove of garlic minced.
Mar 11, 2013
Loved it. Eassy and delicious. Very fresh tasting