Sensational Crabmeat Fondue
We entertain a lot, and luxurious crab fondue makes guests feel indulged. —Debbie Obert, Middleburg, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or additional shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cubed French bread
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook butter over medium-high heat. Add onions: cook and stir until tender. Add crab; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Stir in milk, wine and pepper; heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese; stir constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding the cheeses, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to almost melt completely between additions. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without bread): 144 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Sensational Crabmeat Fondue in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016