Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Chocolate and vanilla provide a delightful contrast in their flavor and appearance. —Nancy Arevalo, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons whole milk, warmed
- 1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Add melted chocolate to one portion; mix well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Divide each portion of dough into fourths; shape each into a 5-in. log. Flatten into triangular-shaped logs. Brush long sides with milk. Assemble one large roll by alternating two chocolate and two plain logs. Repeat. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap each roll; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 48 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC