Semisweet Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
The classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate never fails to satisfy...and this indulgent pie from our home economists is no exception. The pie can also be kept in the freezer for a quick dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 3 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the peanuts, milk and remaining peanut butter.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat 2 cups cream until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring remaining cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate mixture over cake. Refrigerate until set.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 748 calories, 56g fat (24g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.