Semisweet Chocolate Mousse Pie
When I make this recipe, I have to make two at a time for my chocolate-loving husband and three youngsters! I've always loved baking...every summer my daughters and I enter baked goods at the county fair.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker or pastry crust (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls and additional whipped cream for garnish, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat. Add water and mix well. Cool slightly. Add vanilla, then fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Chill for 2-3 hours. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 261 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse Pie in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.