Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bread slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 bologna slices
- 3 pickle slices, divided
- 3 large pitted ripe olives, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 cucumber slices, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 process American cheese slice
- 2 small onion slices
- 1 thin sweet red pepper slice, halved lengthwise
- 1 celery rib
- Top each piece of bread with a lettuce leaf and piece of bologna. For carrot-top sandwich, place two pickle slices on bologna for eyes. Cut one olive in half widthwise; place bottom half on face for nose. Cut remaining half into quarters. Place a quarter on each pickle slice (discard remaining quarter pieces).
- Cut tomato in half from top to bottom (save one half for another use). Cut remaining tomato half into a rounded triangle for mouth; place on sandwich. Cut one cucumber slice in half; arrange on sandwich for ears. Add shredded carrot for hair. Cut cheese into four strips. Place two strips over eyes for eyebrows; set remaining cheese strips aside.
- For curly top sandwich, place onion slices on bologna for eyes. Cut a slice from the bottom of the remaining olives and discard. Place olives cut side down on onion. Add red pepper slices for ears, remaining pickle slice for nose and reserved cheese strips for eyebrows. For mouth, cut remaining cucumber slice in half; place cut sides together at a right angle. Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin strips from celery; sprinkle on top for hair.
Feb 5, 2017
This is a no brainer - why didn't I think of this - so easy and if they create it they will eat it. So clever and now my grandkids beg to make their own and so creative with what they do.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.