Secret Ingredient Saucy Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the coffee, steak sauce, molasses, garlic powder and thyme to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Return pork chops to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 295 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Mar 13, 2012
I loved the flavor, especially how unusual it is. But, it's a little on the risky side for kids. Easy to make!
Feb 28, 2012
Excellent served with a strawberry spinach salad.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.