- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts or 1-1/4 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove onion and set aside. Blend flour into the drippings. Add tomato juice; cook and stir over low heat until thickened and smooth. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper and onion. Arrange the Brussels sprouts into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSecret Brussels Sprouts
"A lovely recipe. I used grated parmesean cheese instead of cheddar. It takes a bit longer to make using fresh sprouts but tastes much better than frozen! I will make this again"