Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in the turkey, noodles, broth, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 479 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1038mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 7, 2014
Made this last night for dinner. It was quick easy and good. I did add some garlic and onion powder to the celery and mushrooms. I'm glad I did, it gave it a little more flavor.
Oct 23, 2013
We absolutely loved this dish. Made exactly to recepie.
Jan 7, 2013
I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit. I used a little extra thyme and used turkey stuffing mix on top.
Oct 27, 2011
It was really good. I didnt have any celery on hand, so I used carrots. I also added some chopped onion. Actually the carrots made the dish not so bland looking aswell.
Nov 26, 2010
Day after Thanksgiving...I made this but because I was too lazy to go to the store and buy the mushrooms and celery, I made a roux and then add a can of drained peas because that's what I had on hand. Next time, I will add the mushrooms because I have more cooked turkey. Thank you for this recipe.
Nov 17, 2010
This looks so good-I can't wait to buy the turkey! Thanks! :)
Nov 4, 2009
Substituted Stuffing for the noodles, and used lots of fresh sage, served it with cranberry sauce. Really, really good!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.