Seasoned Steaks with Horseradish Cream
My sauced-up tenderloin is summer comfort at its best. It pulls together with simple sides—we like mashed potatoes and green beans—and doesn't need much to shine because it's that good. —Jenna Ewald, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Mix salt, garlic powder, parsley flakes, chili powder and pepper. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix butter, horseradish and garlic until blended; gradually whisk in cream. Serve with steaks.
Originally published as Seasoned Steak with Creamy Horseradish Mixture in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.