Seasoned Salt Mix
A co-worker whose husband was an avid fisherman gave me a great recipe for seasoned salt. I add 1/2 teaspoon of it to 3/4 cup of flour and use the mixture to coat fish before frying.—Florence Beer, Houlton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Use to season fish, chicken and pork chops.
Originally published as Seasoned Salt in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.