Seasoned Salt Mix
A co-worker whose husband was an avid fisherman gave me a great recipe for seasoned salt. I add 1/2 teaspoon of it to 3/4 cup of flour and use the mixture to coat fish before frying.—Florence Beer, Houlton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Use to season fish, chicken and pork chops.
Originally published as Seasoned Salt in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014