A flavorful basting sauce adds spark to these special salmon steaks sent in by Cary Winright of Medina, Texas. The moist firm fish broils to perfection in mere minutes.
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place salmon on a greased broiler rack. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some over some over salmon. Turn and broil 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p57
Reviews forSeasoned Salmon Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
"I have been using this recipe for years. It is amazing. And so simple. It always get rave reviews. I use a fillet instead of the steaks."