Seasoned Potato Cubes
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup beer or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the potatoes in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle with the seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add the red pepper, onion and green pepper if desired. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the broth, beer and brown sugar if desired; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
3/4 cup: 151 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 17, 2012
These were really good made with the beer and served with the pork chops in the same issue.
Jan 1, 2012
I just used broth and they were perfect!
Nov 3, 2008
These were great!!! It took a little bit longer to cook though. I used red and yellow bell peppers, a little extra butter/margarine, and chicken broth rather than beer. I'm not sure how the beer would have gone over with my 7 and 9 year old daughters!!