Seasoned Parmesan Rolls
I mix seafood seasoning and cheese into the dry ingredients and use the dough setting on my bread machine for these delicious rolls.—Michele Field, Sykesville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 cups bread flour
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Seasoned Parmesan Rolls in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Dec 21, 2011
very simple to make into rolls, a hit with everyone. i didn't have the seafood seasoning on hand and omitted it and it tasted just fine, and it made 27 rolls for me.