In Warren, Minnesota, Dawn Fagerstrom gets a head start on a side dish with this pleasant seasoning mixture that works with most any type of noodles you have in your pantry. Add water and pop the dish in the oven alongside your entree.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine bouillon, parsley, onion and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 1/3 cup total).
Originally published as Seasoned Noodle Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p19