Seasoned Green Beans For 2
This tasty side dish from our Test Kitchen has just enough cayenne pepper to warm a frosty night and can hold its own with most meat entrees. Golden, caramelized onions add a dressed-up touch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the paprika, salt, cayenne and beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Seasoned Green Beans in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Jan 3, 2019
Quick and easy, and since I used frozen green beans, it was all ingredients I keep around. Just different enough to be special.
Nov 19, 2011
This was a great recipe. I used this as a side dish to hambugers and beef gravy. SO Yummy!