Seasoned Fan Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly.
- Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 17, 2010
This makes a nice presentation. I wouldn't use the salt, or at least as much of it. Between the Italian seasonings and the cheeses, the salt is not needed for someone trying to cut back on it. I will make these again because they do have very good flavor.
Aug 17, 2010
These potatoes make a very nice presentation. My husband and I try to find ways to cut back on salt, so the next time I make them I will eliminate the salt, or at least cut back on it. Between the Italian seasonings and the cheeses salt is really not needed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.