Seasoned Fan Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan potatoes slightly.
- Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 17, 2010
This makes a nice presentation. I wouldn't use the salt, or at least as much of it. Between the Italian seasonings and the cheeses, the salt is not needed for someone trying to cut back on it. I will make these again because they do have very good flavor.
Aug 17, 2010
These potatoes make a very nice presentation. My husband and I try to find ways to cut back on salt, so the next time I make them I will eliminate the salt, or at least cut back on it. Between the Italian seasonings and the cheeses salt is really not needed.