Seasoned Crab Cakes Recipe
At the National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, Maryland, these scrumptious crab cakes won First Place for field editor Betsy Hedeman of Timonium, Maryland. “I entered them on a whim after trying many crab cake recipes for my family,“ she recalls. “We think these are delicious and hope you do, too.“
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine crab and bread cubes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, butter, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add to crab mixture and mix gently (mixture will be moist).
- 2. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into crumbs; shape each into a 3/4-in.-thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Yield: 8 crab cakes.
1 each: 197 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Seasoned Crab Cakes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC