At the National Hard Crab Derby in Crisfield, Maryland, these scrumptious crab cakes won me first place. I entered them on a whim after trying many crab cake recipes for my family. —Betsy Hedeman, Timonium, Maryland
Recommended: 50 Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine crab and bread cubes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, butter, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add to crab mixture and mix gently (mixture will be moist).
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into crumbs; shape each into a 3/4-in.-thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Yield: 8 crab cakes.
Originally published as Seasoned Crab Cakes in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p7
Reviews forSeasoned Crab Cakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review