- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSeasoned Couscous
"I found this to be just a bit on the bland side. To add more flavor I stirred in some feta. Using garlic salt instead might also work.Update: my 2-year old son LOVES this, and he hates everything. For that alone I'm rating that at a 4 instead of a 3. I'll leave his portions alone, and add feta or parmesan to our portions. I did try the boxed stuff (that's pre-flavored) and it's pretty yucky compared to this."
"Excellent side dish! I like the flavors just as it is."
"We just love couscous, and this is a pretty good recipe. We had it with TOH Peanutty pork Kabobs.....complimented each other very well.....something different, something other than rice!"
"I used crushed garlic and was a little heavier on the seasonings. I thought it turned out well and it was very quick"
"I made this with organic whole wheat couscous. It was totally delicious! I served it with Tangy Parmesan Tilapia -- fast and yummy dinner!"