Seasoned Corn with Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon drippings.
- Saute the corn, onion, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and basil in reserved drippings until corn is tender. Stir in bacon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 167 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 16, 2019
Simple, delicious side dish! Loved it!
Jun 17, 2017
I never tasted anything so delicious and everyone wanted the recipe!!!
Mar 28, 2014
I'm required to take this to family dinners :)But, I don't measure the spices & go a little heavier on them than the recipe calls for
Apr 19, 2010
This is a fun, yummy way to spice up your boring corn, my family loved it. I served it as a side with the Parmesan Crusted Talipia, it was a hit!
Apr 3, 2010
I made this exactly the way the recipe said. I wasnt impressed at all. I wont be making this again.
Mar 6, 2010
Nice flavor. I had to add a little salt since my other seasonings didn't include any.