- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSeasoned Brown Rice
"Will definitely cook again! It was flavorful and not too spicy for someone who likes pepper. Was a good accompaniment for the Asian Salmon recipe in Light & tasty..."
"Nothing special, quite spicy. Not a keeper recipe."
"This recipe was too spicy hot for us. I should have skipped the cayenne pepper and the ginger was overpowering though I used the lesser amount. I afraid this one won't be a repeat."
"This is very good, goes well with the beef Vegetable Stir-Fry. Husband couldn't rave enough."
"It doesn't get easier than this! Plus, it's quite tasty. I recommend it for an easy side dish."