Seaside Prawn Kabobs
This very special holiday treat was sent in by Laura Barrett of Binghamton, New York. The prawns pick up wonderful flavor from the marinade, and the pineapple and peppers add beautiful color.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 can (5-1/4 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup roasted garlic teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 16 small metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread one shrimp, one pineapple chunk and one red pepper chunk. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with reserved marinade.
Originally published as Seaside Prawns & Pineapple Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.