Seashell Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, ketchup, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2013
A great pasta salad that is so quick to make and keeps well! I have used different types of pasta and also added more veggies to the salad. Be sure to stir occasionally so that the dressing is distributed evenly!! I make this a day ahead and add the tomatoes a few hours before serving so they don't get too mushy.