- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish.
1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons relish: 215 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.