Seared Salmon with Strawberry Basil Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons relish: 215 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 1, 2019
This recipe was so good and so easy. I would never have thought of combining strawberries and salmon but it works great together. The basil really gives the salsa a nice flavor. This was a big hit with my husband as well so I will be making this again for sure. I think I might try the salsa on chicken as I think that would go together well also.
Jul 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was a new take on cooking salmon. Loved the strawberries as it added a really nice subtle flavor.
Jul 7, 2017
I was super happy with how this tasted. I was a little unsure of how the strawberries and basil would go together, but was pleasantly surprised. Since the relish is basically a topping it's also a versatile recipe because those that think its strange can just eat the deliciously seasoned salmon.
May 20, 2017
This sounds yummy! Any suggestions on using something besides basil? Just not really much of a fan of basil! Thanks!
Apr 13, 2016
Easy and delicious. This is definitely a keeper. Made exactly as written.
Aug 28, 2015
Was intrigued with the strawberries. Tried the recipe and it is delicious! Love it and will be making again....soon!!!!
Apr 13, 2015
Who would have thought to put strawberries and salmon together?! It works and is quite delicious and fresh tasting. I may try broiling the salmon next time. Even my picky hubby who only likes salmon prepared a certain way liked this recipe and called it a "keeper!"
Apr 29, 2014
Wonderful and easy to prepare!
Mar 31, 2014
This was outstanding. Had to use frozen stawberries !!!!!