Seafood-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 30 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 pound frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 jar (17 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook scallops in butter for 1-2 minutes or until opaque. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Place one egg and half of the cottage cheese, ricotta, nutmeg and pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add to scallops. Repeat with remaining egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, nutmeg and pepper. Add to scallops. Stir in crab and shrimp.
- 3. Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stuff with seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Alfredo sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Seafood-Stuffed Shells
"I could not find cream-style cottage cheese, so I just used small curd regular. If you are using frozen shrimp and scallops the trick is to throughly defrost and drain as much moisture out of them as possible before adding to cheese mixture. This is how you avoid a too runny sauce! These tasted great! Remember to cook shells in plenty of water to avoid sticking together."
"My family loved them. I think I will try adding some grated cheese next time."
"Filing was watery. Beat egg and cheese mixture instead of using the blender to keep a thicker consistency."