Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 30 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook scallops in butter 1-2 minutes or until opaque. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place one egg and half the cottage cheese, ricotta, nutmeg and pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add to scallops. Repeat with remaining egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, nutmeg and pepper. Add to scallops. Stir in crab and shrimp.
- Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stuff with seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with Alfredo sauce.
- Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Feb 10, 2013
I could not find cream-style cottage cheese, so I just used small curd regular. If you are using frozen shrimp and scallops the trick is to throughly defrost and drain as much moisture out of them as possible before adding to cheese mixture. This is how you avoid a too runny sauce! These tasted great! Remember to cook shells in plenty of water to avoid sticking together.
Dec 28, 2010
My family loved them. I think I will try adding some grated cheese next time.
Feb 17, 2010
Filing was watery. Beat egg and cheese mixture instead of using the blender to keep a thicker consistency.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.