VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pan-dressed trout (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 15 frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 sea scallops, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and the lemon juice; drizzle over trout cavities. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the rice, bacon, onion, red pepper, shrimp and scallops in oil for 5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Spoon into fish cavities. Arrange lemon slices on top of fish.
- Brush remaining butter over a sheet of heavy-duty foil; wrap fish in foil and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seafood-Stuffed Rainbow Trout in Country Extra July 2006, p51
Reviews forSeafood-Stuffed Rainbow Trout
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2013
"Awesome tasting for any stuffed fish! Takes a little time but worth it."