This delightfully different stir-fry features tuna steaks, broccoli and pasta. The sauce offers a delicate balance of flavors, ranging from zesty red pepper flakes to Parmesan cheese. Robin Chamberlin sen the recipe from her home in La Costa, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet yellow, red or green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tuna or swordfish steak (8 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, wine, additional chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry broccoli in hot oil for 4 minutes. Add sweet pepper; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to pan along with tuna; stir-fry 3-4 minutes for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Drain pasta; add to stir-fry and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 399 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.