A delicate fish flavor enhances these taste-tempting tacos. "I've even tried this recipe with octopus and squid," says Jack Hunter of Harlingen, Texas.
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make for Taco Tuesday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound flounder
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Place the fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato, salt, garlic powder, cumin and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add fish; heat through. Spoon filling on one side of tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro; fold in half. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seafood Soft Tacos in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p56
Reviews forSeafood Soft Tacos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2017