Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 16 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 16g fat (0 saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2014
These were fantastic on the grill. If you want to tone down the heat on this dish a bit, substitute the chili sauce and hot pepper sauce for a mild-flavored barbecue sauce.
Jan 10, 2012
This recipe always gets rave reviews! The first time I cooked on skewers with shrimp and scallops to bring on a picnic lunch to the horse races. Delicious cold or hot. I usually make it using jumbo shrimp and don't bother with scallops. Even makes a great appetizer by itself, rice is optional.