"I first prepared these sandwiches when I had to put together a quick lunch for guests and was busy until last minute," writes Judy Mynsberge of Flushing, Michigan. "I served them with bowls of nicely seasoned tomato soup and received warm compliments."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 3 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, crab, shrimp, mayonnaise, celery, onion and dill. Line each pita half with lettuce; fill with seafood mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 770 calories, 51g fat (7g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 1649mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Seafood Pitas in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.