Something's fishy around Michelle Van Aller's kitchen and her husband isn't a bit suspicious! "When I make low-fat, high taste recipes like this one featuring two kinds of salsa, he's none the wiser," she writes from Hurst, Texas.
Recommended: 28 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in both types of salsa, chilies and lime juice; cook and stir until heated through. Add shrimp and scallops; cook until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (6 cups).
Originally published as Seafood Pasta Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p44