Seafood Pasta Sauce
Something's fishy around Michelle Van Aller's kitchen and her husband isn't a bit suspicious! "When I make low-fat, high taste recipes like this one featuring two kinds of salsa, he's none the wiser," she writes from Hurst, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (6 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in both types of salsa, chilies and lime juice; cook and stir until heated through. Add shrimp and scallops; cook until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.