Seafood Lasagna Roll-Ups
Imitation crabmeat makes a great filling for these saucy lowfat seafood spirals suggested by Juanita Patterson of New Castle, Indiana. "They're delicious, healthy and very easy to prepare," she says. "You can assemble the roll-ups ahead of time , then refrigerate them until ready to bake."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 1% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- In a bowl, combine the crab, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, egg, egg substitute, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread 1/3 cup on each noodle; roll up tightly. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 9-in. square baking dish. Place roll-ups, seam side down, in dish. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1116mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Seafood Lasagna Roll-Ups in Light & Tasty April/May 2001