“This recipe is delicious, easy and fast!” Fresh seafood picks up lemon and olive oil flavor during marinating. This special kabob is great for a special family meal. —Michelle Armistead, Marlboro, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 18 sea scallops
- 1 each large green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, 1 teaspoon dill, salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut, shrimp and scallops in a large resealable plastic bag; place the peppers in another large resealable plastic bag. Divide marinade between both bags. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the halibut, shrimp, scallops and peppers. Sprinkle with remaining dill. Broil 6 in. from the heat or grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until halibut flakes easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Seafood Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.