My neighbor always gave me a container of this jambalaya when he made it. My family fought over it. I even made him make it for a Kentucky Derby party I had, and everyone raved. —Kristin Arnett
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, cubed
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onions, pepper, celery and garlic in oil. Add the sausage, shrimp, crawfish, broth, tomatoes, seasonings and rice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 20 minutes.
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can use cooked chicken, crab and ham in place of the crawfish and shrimp.