My neighbor always gave me a container of this jambalaya when he made it. My family fought over it. I even made him make it for a Kentucky Derby party I had, and everyone raved. —Kristin Arnett
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, cubed
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- In a large Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onions, pepper, celery and garlic in oil. Add the sausage, shrimp, crawfish, broth, tomatoes, seasonings and rice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through, stirring after 20 minutes.
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can use cooked chicken, crab and ham in place of the crawfish and shrimp.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 379 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 1322mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Seafood Jambalaya in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook