Seafood Angel Hair Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes (about 8 medium), chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in oil for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, broth, sugar, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in crab and reserved shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with seafood mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Seafood Angel Hair
"Followed the instructions exactly. Tasted watery, bland and flavorless. Would not make again."
"this is delicious although I did make it with and without the crabmeat. My family likedit both ways but preferred it without the crabmeat"
"REALLY good! Definitely will make again."
"I had to come back on this one...I mentioned yesterday that it was good served cold..well, after being refrigerated overnight I had it again today. I just added a small amount of chicken broth to juice it up a little. I ate it right from the frig..I think it was even better than right off the stove. While I was eating it, I thought how good it would be with some chopped cucumber in it. This would be a great potluck dish...served cold. Also, I didn't use the raw shrimp..(I'm lazy) I used frozen cooked & deveined shrimp. I just put what I needed from the bag in a strainer and ran warm water on them to thaw and then added to the garlic for a moment to blend the flavors. Once it's added to the warm tomato mixture everything becomes the same temperature anyway.Very Good Meal..."
"This was a wonderful and easy recipe to make. It is also very good served cold..."