Seafood a la King
I like this recipe because it looks fancy yet it's very easy to make. It can be made with almost any milk cooked fish. We've enjoyed salmon, sole and leftover whitefish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 can (3 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded imitation crabmeat
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a small saucepan, whisk together the water, soup mix and celery salt; bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Add the tuna, crab and mayonnaise; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon tuna mixture into shells before serving.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Originally published as Seafood a la King in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.