I like this recipe because it looks fancy yet it's very easy to make. It can be made with almost any milk cooked fish. We've enjoyed salmon, sole and leftover whitefish.
Recommended: 15 Oreo Recipes to Satisfy Your Cookie Cravings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix (page 75)
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 can (3 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded imitation crabmeat
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a small saucepan, whisk together the water, soup mix and celery salt; bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Add the tuna, crab and mayonnaise; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon tuna mixture into shells before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Seafood a la King in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p219