Sea Shell Crab Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the salt, mustard, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Drain pasta; add the pasta, olives, crab and vegetables to milk mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 470 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1143mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 12, 2016
This recipe has been a family favorite ever since it was first published in 2001!
Jul 8, 2011
My husband and I thought we would have liked this better without the crab,maybe with leftover turkey instead,but our 17 month old grandson devoured it,even the olives! I used penne instead of the shells because I already had it in the house.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.