Sea Scallops and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed and rinsed
- 12 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place the scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. glass pie plate or dish. Combine the wine, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and microwave at 50% power 4 to 4-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops turn opaque. Stir in melted butter.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 170 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2013
This was super easy and overall wasn't bad...it was just not how I'd like my scallops; I increased all the ingredients because I had a feeling it may be a bit bland and even after increasing the ingredients it was just not super flavorful. I'm glad I tried it--it showed me that other recipes I've made really are that good and worth a little bit more time they might take to prepare.
Jun 18, 2012
Turned out wonderful! Just like a restaurant-style dish. The microwave is great for cooking scallops.
Jul 13, 2009
I'm getting ready to make this again for supper. It was soo easy and delicious. I served this over no-yolk egg noodles. This time I am also going to saute some zucchini w/ sesame seeds as a side dish.