VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (25 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 9 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the squash, zucchini, green pepper, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Drain noodles. Rinse in cold water and drain again. Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, a scant 1 cup marinara sauce, 2 cups vegetable mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, six halved slices of provolone cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Scrumptious Vegetable Lasagna in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p49