By substituting 4 egg whites for the 4 whole eggs in this recipe you save 25 calories, 3 g fat and a whopping 141 mg cholesterol per serving! And since the eggs are seasoned with veggies and dill, you don't miss the flavor at all. —Lynn Winkler - Chatsworth, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add tomato; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Coat the same skillet with additional cooking spray; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add reserved onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through and eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 283mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.