By substituting 4 egg whites for the 4 whole eggs in this recipe you save 25 calories, 3 g fat and a whopping 141 mg cholesterol per serving! And since the eggs are seasoned with veggies and dill, you don't miss the flavor at all. —Lynn Winkler - Chatsworth, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add tomato; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Coat the same skillet with additional cooking spray; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add reserved onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through and eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 283mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Scrumptious Scramble in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008